Unthreaded PVC Pipe..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

just bought a dishwasher. Inlet sorted just fine, but the person that lived here before has simply dangled the washing machine outlet hose into a pipe, as opposed to have a hose connector. Now that I’m installing a dishwasher, I want to do it properly, and have found a two way hose splitter. The PVC pipe it’s currently dangling into however has no thread, so I’m not sure how it’s be connected. I’m sure there’s just something I need to buy but I don’t really know what I’m looking for.

Thanks in advance!

Jake.

Attachments

• 688DE540-CE5B-451F-B034-ABF32FD79A17.jpeg
    688DE540-CE5B-451F-B034-ABF32FD79A17.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 68
Sponsored Links
Here’s the splitter I mentioned too.

Attachments

• D073A452-4393-455C-93E4-E47EF4321BD2.jpeg
    D073A452-4393-455C-93E4-E47EF4321BD2.jpeg
    292.8 KB · Views: 53
The splitter is intended to convert an under-sink trap with a single inlet for a machine drain, to allow two machine drains. It the wrong item for the job. Might you be able to add a second trap and pipe to the existing pipe?

I want to do it properly

it has been done properly. That is a Stand Pipe waste system, which is correct.

You may be able to add on some kind of siamese conector. Stand back and take a wider pic to show the rest of the waste pipes.

Sponsored Links
Thanks both - I thought they’d just been lazy as previous homes have had hose connectors. Does this help?

Attachments

• A306AF2B-3DA2-4C91-ACA4-91D2A7A28B64.jpeg
    A306AF2B-3DA2-4C91-ACA4-91D2A7A28B64.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 82
Thanks - that twin connector looks good but I don’t understand how it connects to the existing standpipe. Am I missing something that will perhaps become clear post-purchase? Screw fix seem to have them in stock which is handy!

Thanks both - I thought they’d just been lazy as previous homes have had hose connectors. Does this help?

show us more, especially what's under that shelf, please.

JohnD, here you are. It just goes over to the sink and then joins with existing sink outlet. Hope these both help.
A71F50FA-FEE1-4FA2-A780-3AB94F429A73.jpeg
B664421A-512A-49D8-B41F-23ED560E57CA.jpeg

The McAlpine Twin Connector Madrab has linking to is a compression waste fitting and will clamp onto the open end of the pipe. Remove plastic nut, plastic O ring and rubber cone washer, slide onto the spigot in that order. Offer fitting onto pipe until pipe reaches internal stop, slide nut and washers up to meet spigot, tighten nut hand tight. Connect hoses. Enjoy.

Thanks - that twin connector looks good but I don’t understand how it connects to the existing standpipe. Am I missing something that will perhaps become clear post-purchase? Screw fix seem to have them in stock which is handy!

The twin connector fits on the top end of the long vertical pipe that you have, you then tighten it in place and fit your two hoses.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back