Unvented Cylinder advice please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am getting an unvented cylinder installed and have 2.3 bar of pressure entering the property just below the ground floor.

1. Would it be possible to place the cylinder in the loft, 7 metres above the ground floor, without a significant loss in performance?

2. What size tank would I need, it is a 4 bedroom property with one bathroom and two en suites and a potential of four adults living there?

Sponsored Links
Thanks but would the drop in inlet pressure affect the pressure that the tank can deliver?

Sponsored Links
7 metres is 0.7 bar. So it will turn your 2.3 into 1.6. Unvented cylinders can work well at 1.6 bar But there is more to it than that. What you need to be checking is your flow rate. Get your installer to do the relevant flow rate tests before you commit to unvented

Last edited:
The difference in pressure between loft and 1st floor would be maybe 0.25 bar. I don't think there would be a noticeable difference in pressure actually at the outlets

Thanks I suppose I meant that since the intake is just below ground floor and the tank will be on the 2nd floor/loft would it adversely affect the pressure at the taps?

Get an installer who knows his stuff. Big mistake doing the design on an internet forum. But the advice on Megaflo was good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back