Unvented Cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am new to this Forum and completely new ! - Hello to all

We completed a small refurbishment recently and :

• Converted to unvented system (Flow rate 22 lts/m & 5bar - this does not matter as the out reduces cold water pressure to 3.5 bar) - (we have a Ideal Classic FF 360, which requires a small overhead tank!)
  • We installed a new water softener too (monarch midi) - inlet is 5bar pressure
  • 2 bathroom refurbishment (including thermostatic taps and shower, upstairs and downstairs)
When I use just one bathroom, its amazing flow pressure water and all that, but the minute someone starts using the shower upstairs, I see a reduce in pressure and a difference in water temperature which takes a few minutes (some 2-3min) to adjust itself and this is really irritating !!

I haven't called upon the Gas engineer yet, but want to check in the forum if anything I can investigate/do about this ? What could be the reason for this reduction in pressure !! Can anyone advice anything , please ?

Sponsored Links
Ok, so my drain cock was just partially open. I opened it completely. I'll check tomorrow morning and then update , Thanks boss

Sponsored Links
With a static pressure of 5 bar and an open pipe flow rate of 22 litres per minute then the supply pipework will have quite a high resistance. Some resistance being in the softener.

It is not completely linear but taking a flow of only 11 li/min could be reducing the dynamic pressure to a half at 2.5 bar, thus a significant reduction.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back