Unvented Hot water storage system (Draining down)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Some advice would be great. I wish to replace all my bathroom taps basin included.There are also other leaking taps the need attention. The problem that I have is there are now isolation valves near the taps. The system spec is a "Santon Premier plus unvented hot water system". The boiler a "Potterton suprema 50". There is a stop cock in the kitchen and a gate valve situated just before the cold mains supply to the unvented cylinder. What would the procedure be to drain this system. Is it a simple case of shutting off the mains supply to the property and to the unvented cylinder then opening hot and cold taps at the lower point of the property.I have noticed a draining point above the boiler.And what would the filling procedure be to avoid airlocks? The boiler ect will be turned off prior to draining. Your advice will be appreciated

Sponsored Links
If you drain the tank you'll need to manualy open the t/p valve above the tundish to let air flow so the tank will drain When refilling open your taps so the air can escape through the pipes

What are you draining and why.

If it's just to change the taps, all you need to do is close the stopvalve and open the taps and it will stop running. Turn the stopvalve on to re-instate the supply.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back