unvented system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have an unvented system and i want to fit a thermostatic mixer shower in my downstairs shower room.
will i need a prv and where do i fit it? Near the shower?

Sponsored Links
should already have a pressure reducing valve on the unvented cylinder?

can you give some more details of the system please it would help

do you have an unvented hot wat cylinder or a combi??

corgiman";p="768778 said:
should already have a pressure reducing valve on the unvented cylinder?

can you give some more details of the system please it would help

do you have an unvented hot wat cylinder or a combi??[/quote

the hot water cylinder is seperate from the expansion vessel there is a cold water tank in the loft the filling loop is connected to the expansion vessel will this help you or do you need more information
thanks

Sponsored Links
westham wrote

will i need a prv and where do i fit it? Near the shower?

Yep. Fit the prv near the shower and T it off the hot supply.
You can surface mount the prv and pipe the discharge port down the wall directly to the shower outlet. (surface mounted again I think for maximum effect and pleasing aesthetics.)
Or alternately have the discharge a little higher and you have the option of turning the wheelhead on the prv and releasing potentially scalding hot water over your legs and feet.
No probs. Job done and dusted. :rolleyes:

Or alternatively you can hire a plumber to have a look at your system and then get him to post the details on this thread of what you actually have installed in your home because I don't think you have the slightest clue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back