Unvented/Vented system?

Sponsored Links
There are so many reasons for the type of heating system you choose to have installed in your house, a good reputable heating company will suggest the best for you... for my money Combi systems are what I seem to install more of but I am a big fan of the "Megaflow" type system (Hot water at mains pressure) but this will be more costly and more space consuming than any other type of system. If you decide to go with the high pressure system please make sure that the company you choose is qualified to install it as these things store water at a very high pressure and it needs twice yearly servicing. Open vented systems are a good all round choice if you have a reasonable size house as there is more hot water stored so you can have 2 taps running at the same time. Combis unfortunately are not the best at high demand usage from multi point outlets.
Hope this helps a bit....

If you decide to go with the high pressure system please make sure that the company you choose is qualified to install it as these things store water at a very high pressure and it needs twice yearly servicing

They have to be qualified because the law says so. The pressure is typically 3 to 4 bar, not really VERY high. The problems come not from the pressure, but from the failure of several safety devices ie PRV and temperature relief valve and heat input valve all at once when you could have an exploding cylinder, but the manufacturers recommend annual servicing.

The parts and the servicing make them more expensive to live with than unvented systems which probably will only need a washer change every 15 to 20 years. (Ours is up to 20 years so far, and an immersion heater change).[/quote]

Sponsored Links
We don't really want hot water at high pressure. Also, we will need large volumes of water as there are several en-suites. So, would Vented system be best?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back