Vented / unvented cylinders, pros and cons

Maybe he's busy? There are many things I'd love to do to my house, but haven't because I'm too busy sorting my customers out

Sponsored Links
I still have an open vented HW system in Puller Towers, amongst other 'hybrid' systems.

BGs innate drivel as always!!

Sponsored Links
Less likely to suffer a typing error, but significantly more likely to confuse others since "non vented" is not what they are called.

The only unprofessional i've come across that insists on using incorrect terminology is you.

(*) it is not stated that non vented systems have been installed but if only one house has header tanks then it is reasonable safe to assume the others have not got got open vented systems.
Far more likely the new systems were combi boilers with no cylinder of any kind.

Non vented is easier to read and less likely to suffer a typing error. Non vented is used by some non professionals or should that be unprofessionals.

Very dangerous advice & confusing for the Public, when you consider how a unit of this nature should only be fitted by a qualified installer.

Again, I can only hope he's banned.

when you consider how a unit of this nature should only be fitted by a qualified installer.
which is why some people believe vented systems are less hazardous then unvented ones. Especially when some are never checked after being installed.

Again, I can only hope he's banned
Didn't you recently post about becoming a moderator yourself, if you ever get that role you could ban me,, but then a real moderator deleted your thread and with it your hopes and ego

why would a plumber choose not to upgrade to a non vented system if non vented is so much better than vented ?

When I was an apprentice, my boss had a secondhand Ideal Mexico in his garage. It stood there for weeks, and eventually I asked him what it was for. 'Oh that's mine' he said. 'I took it out of a customers house as they wanted a combi fitting. I'm going to fit it here when I get round to it.'

18 months later, and we had a few days lull in work as a customer had cancelled a CH job, so he was scratching his head muttering about not knowing 'what we were going to do til Monday'. I suggested (in front of his wife) we could fit the boiler sitting in the garage. His wife suddenly got very excited, saying 'At last. The old one has only been leaking for 3 years, and I can have my bowl back then!' Well, if looks could kill....

When people are working on other folks plumbing and heating systems all day long, often the last thing they want to do in their free time is mess about with their own....

which is why some people believe vented systems are less hazardous then unvented ones. Especially when some are never checked after being installed.

Didn't you recently post about becoming a moderator yourself, if you ever get that role you could ban me,, but then a real moderator deleted your thread and with it your hopes and ego

Hopes & ego??!! Get a grip man, while I maybe a bit of a wind up artist. You on the other hand are a dangerous individual with no experience or knowledge of Plumbing & Heating. For the very poor, dangerous advice you give you should be banned. Without question you have mental health problems & for that reason also you should be banned.

If someone contests your very poor Googled advice, you report them, as you have done with me on several occasions!!

When I was an apprentice, my boss had a secondhand Ideal Mexico in his garage. It stood there for weeks, and eventually I asked him what it was for. 'Oh that's mine' he said. 'I took it out of a customers house as they wanted a combi fitting. I'm going to fit it here when I get round to it.'

18 months later, and we had a few days lull in work as a customer had cancelled a CH job, so he was scratching his head muttering about not knowing 'what we were going to do til Monday'. I suggested (in front of his wife) we could fit the boiler sitting in the garage. His wife suddenly got very excited, saying 'At last. The old one has only been leaking for 3 years, and I can have my bowl back then!' Well, if looks could kill....

When people are working on other folks plumbing and heating systems all day long, often the last thing they want to do in their free time is mess about with their own....

HJ, Bernardgreen doesn't know what he's talking about & clearly is just attention seeking. BG has mental health problems.

HJ, Bernardgreen doesn't know what he's talking about & clearly is just attention seeking. BG has mental health problems.

IMG_6021.JPG

How would a mouse get into an unvented cylinder Bernard?

How do you know what proportion of vented /Unvented systems I've come across?

Unvented cylinders have been around a good 30 years too.

Once again you post from a position of total ignorance with the air of authority. Asking loaded questions citing a spurious or unknown source.

The mouse could if it had its own snorkelling kit with an oxygen pack and flippers.
It could be a Mouse Fish swimming up the 22mm feed pipe? its possible
Or a mouse with gills?

The mouse could if it had its own snorkelling kit with an oxygen pack and flippers.
It could be a Mouse Fish swimming up the 22mm feed pipe? its possible
Or a mouse with gills?

Glad my unvented is on a 15mm supply then, no mouse can swim up a 15mm pipe. Or can they? you've got me worried now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back