Unvented water tank problem, help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The overflow pipe outside my house is running constantly. I have an unvented water tank and heating system, its a titan flowmaster 210l tank, the whole system is about 12 years old

There seems to be a constant feed of cold water entering the water tank, this is increasing the pressure and overflowing into the expansion vessel, which is pressurizing up to 3 bar and then releasing into the overflow (my best guess). The pressure gauge reads 3 bar all the time.

The only time i can stop the constant flow is when I turn off the cold water feed next to the tank, this stops the pressure rising in the expansion vessel, but means I have no water in the house or heating.

Does anybody have any ideas what the problem may be, and is it still ok to use the system until I can get a plumber out to have a look, proberbly Wednesday.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back