Up to £3.5bn furlough claims fraudulent or paid in error...

Obviously it was unfair, some people gained, some lost out.

Business owners that paid themselves by dividends have lost out

Sponsored Links

Ironic that business owners who paid themselves by dividend to reduce their tax liability then lose out when the government steps in to help.....

Actually business owners who 'paid themselves by dividends' have saved themselves loads of money over the years...

The fact that they may not have 'saved up for a rainy day' is their own fault!

Why would that make a difference? Would labour have furloughed more people than needed? Or paid 100% salary?

The furlough was driven by business as a way to deal with hopefully temporary redundancy. The pay-back policies being considered by the conservatives have a decidedly left of central feel about them. I suspect I will be worse off to the tune of 20K+ by the time it works through. Pension caps, corporation tax and capital allowances.

Sponsored Links
Ironic that business owners who paid themselves by dividend to reduce their tax liability then lose out when the government steps in to help.....

well yes I agree with that

When I ran a Ltd company I chose to stop being paid by dividends years ago, I felt for the amount saved it was both wrong and risky. It always felt like a risk of getting caught, especially in a manufacturing company where some years were profitable and some not. And most companies cant know month by month whether they were profitable or not, so issuing dividends was wrong.

I kind of feel sorry for all those contractors that incorporated on the advice of their accountants only to fall foul of this now.

I also know some IT contractors have in recent years fallen on hard times, started taking money out as a directors loan, then ended up going bankrupt with HMRC asking for the loan back.

The furlough was driven by business as a way to deal with hopefully temporary redundancy. The pay-back policies being considered by the conservatives have a decidedly left of central feel about them. I suspect I will be worse off to the tune of 20K+ by the time it works through. Pension caps, corporation tax and capital allowances.
It's ironic that the nasty party have spent many times more than the labour party were promising to do...

The problem though is that no assets will be put back into public ownership!

All we have done is to accrue debt based on corporate welfare funds and individual greed!

Not entirely. A healthy mix of salary and dividends meant you you sill received furlough payments for the salary element. Double bubble if you make your partner a director too. (y)
Well, you can’t have it both ways but again, that only applies to those that solely take dividends.
Actually business owners who 'paid themselves by dividends' have saved themselves loads of money over the years...

The fact that they may not have 'saved up for a rainy day' is their own fault!
I agree with you on that but saving for a rainy day applies to everybody, not just business owners.

Yes, but why do you think it would have been worse if labour did it?

I agree with you on that but saving for a rainy day applies to everybody, not just business owners.
Sadly a large percentage often live 'day by day' and don't have the luxury of significant savings...

That's the way the system works, and by and large 'claims of 'social mobility' are a lie!

Sadly a large percentage often live 'day by day' and don't have the luxury of significant savings...
That also applies to some business owners but you seem to be against all forms of capitalism. Strange, when you consider that you claim to pay more income tax than most people in this country!

That also applies to some business owners but you seem to be against all forms of capitalism.
You make all sorts of 'observations', most of which are untrue!
Strange, when you consider that you claim to pay more income tax than most people in this country!
Unlike some others I pay my dues and don't play the system even if I disagree with parts of it...

I simply invest my hard earned gains wisely!

You make all sorts of 'observations', most of which are untrue!

Unlike some others I pay my dues and don't play the system even if I disagree with parts of it...

I simply invest my hard earned gains wisely!
Just like me then. (y)

Sponsored Links
Back