Up to 1,000 people flying into UK from India daily despite concern over Covid variant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
https://inews.co.uk/news/india-covid-variant-heathrow-1000-people-flights-daily-1007786

Up to 1,000 people could be arriving daily in the UK on flights from India despite concern over the spread of the new Covid variant, i can reveal.

All passengers arriving from India, which is on the red-list, must go straight into quarantine hotels on arrival but there is concern Covid variants are spreading during hours-long queues at airport arrivals.

Around four direct flights are still arriving in the UK from India each day, with indirect flights also operating.

Tristan da Cunha is on the Green List. The only way to get there is flying from South Africa on the red list, so unless you have a yach or private plane..

Sponsored Links
"Up to" 1000. Could be 10 then? Or 25?

Did you read the article?

Civil Aviation Authority figures, revealed by The Sunday Times at the weekend, suggested 900 people arrived daily from India from April 2 until April 23 when the Prime Minister added the country to the red list.

However i understands this could be a conservative estimate.

An air industry source said: “I think it would be very reasonable to estimate 1,000 people are flying in a day from India.”

MOD: Please amend you signature. Personal comments are not allowed. Failure to do so will result in your account being terminated.

Sponsored Links
Did you read the article?

Civil Aviation Authority figures, revealed by The Sunday Times at the weekend, suggested 900 people arrived daily from India from April 2 until April 23 when the Prime Minister added the country to the red list.

However i understands this could be a conservative estimate.

An air industry source said: “I think it would be very reasonable to estimate 1,000 people are flying in a day from India.”

I suggested 10.
Could it not be estimated from the cases per million in India?

Four direct flights arrived from India into Heathrow on Tuesday, three from Mumbai and one from Delhi.

So 10 people on 4 direct flights. Did you take numeracy lessons from Priti?
I suggested a number, as did the guy in your post, doesn't make either of us right, does it ? They should do something about the ones flying in via Turkey.

From the other thread
But is it Indians who are affected, in Bradford ?

You need help. The Indian virus came from India and spread in the UK in the two weeks plus India was off the Red List.

What don't you understand?

I suggested a number, as did the guy in your post, doesn't make either of us right, does it ? They should do something about the ones flying in via Turkey.

Who are the ones flyign in via Turkey? Turkey is on the red list.

The people who flew from Pakistan? to Turkey stayed in Turkey for 10 days -and then came to the UK - not direct.

The UK policy is clear - anyone who has stayed in a red list country even transiting through in the last 10 days has to quarantine in a hotel.

If you spend 10 days in a non red list country you can then enter the UK and isolate at home.

If you are suggesting that is the cause of the outbreak in the Bolton and Bradord - then what about Bedford?

You really are demented.

Your suggestion was silly. I suggest it costs £10 to do a 100m extension. That's the sillyness of your suggestion. That's the argument of a flat earther.

I understand that there are not that many Indians in Bradford, and that it is not only Indian people who can catch the Indian sub continent strain. A lot of the carriers are circumventing the quarantine requirements by coming to the UK via other countries.
Covid: Britons fly via Turkey to avoid costly quarantine - BBC News

That's not circumveting. The policy is you cannot have been in a red list country in the last 10 days. That news is old. You leave a red list country and stay in a non red list country for 10 days - you fulfil the Governments requirements. What don't you get.

What does it have to do with the number of Indians in Bradford. People who travelled back from India were landing at crowded airports - great conditions for the virus to spread.

It's quite clear your bigotry is on show.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control

If you’re travelling to England, what you need to do depends on where you have been in the 10 days before you arrive. If you have been in a country or territory on the:

• green list - you must take a coronavirus (COVID-19) test on or before day 2
  • amber list - you must quarantine in the place you’re staying and take 2 COVID-19 tests
  • red list - you must quarantine in a hotel and take 2 COVID-19 tests

People who travelled back from India were landing at crowded airports - great conditions for the virus to spread.
Asked about reports that passengers at Heathrow had been forced to stand next to people arriving from red list countries, the minister told the House of Lords that "segregation is unbelievably difficult during travel".
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-57158372

Sponsored Links
Back