Upgrade to pressurised system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

We are planning on having an extension built which will be a utility room, extra bedroom and a en suite

We currently have a green star i24 System boiler with 11 x radiators (some smaller than others) and a 117 litre hot water tank.

The plumber is recommending we consider upgrading the heating to have a larger tank and a pressurised System, reason being the current setup may struggle with the additional demand.

I would say it’s a cold house and the boiler struggled now, he said it may need a power flush.

Just wondering if this sounds right, he’s proposing a 226 litre tank and upgrading the pumps and valves

How long would something like this take, is it a couple of days labour plus materials?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The number of rads is immaterial, as we don't know the size and rating of them. You'd check the quality of the water, and see if the rads are cold at the bottom before just saying it might need a power flush. It may be that the current system hasn't been set up properly, hence it seems to struggle at the minute, but it'll be the overall rating of all the rads and the hot water tank that will decide on the size of boiler you need.

I'd get three other comparisons.

The number of rads is immaterial, as we don't know the size and rating of them. You'd check the quality of the water, and see if the rads are cold at the bottom before just saying it might need a power flush. It may be that the current system hasn't been set up properly, hence it seems to struggle at the minute, but it'll be the overall rating of all the rads and the hot water tank that will decide on the size of boiler you need.

I'd get three other comparisons.

OP appears to be seeking pricing costs rather than diy help - hence my response above @Doggit ;)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I threw in the general comments because he also doesn't seem quite sure of where he's being led.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back