Upgrading a mech thermostat to a programmable one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I'm new here, because I need some advice.

I live in France but the advice I need i think is not France-specific. I have a mechanical thermostat that i'd love to upgrade to a programmable one, but i am struggling to understand what kind of model will be compatible (or even if there is one compatible) with the two wires (230v) that I have coming out of the wall attached to the mechanical thermostat.

At times, it seems to me that a 'radio' model with two wires arriving and then a radio unit to measure temperature might work, but then I get confused between all the different types of wires that may be arriving from the boiler.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Delta-Dore-...352319&sr=8-1&keywords=Delta+Dore+DEL6050417.

To add more detail, the wiring connected in my mech thermostat is as follows:

1 BROWN
2 BLUE

And on the inside of the 'stat it is marked that the connections are [L] and [N].
3 seems to be the switch and 4, the internal connection of the [L]ive.[/img]

Any help much appreciated asap!
Ed

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/electr...jmeOAqrO[color=darkred][/color][i][/i][i][/i]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back