uplights in bathroom, what about the leccy?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'll try an keep it brief,

New bathroom, will have all wastes, boxed in about 200mm deep boxing, about 1 metre tall.

In the top of the boxing in, I'd like some uplights, like those ones you can put on outside decks.
Is there any specific items I need when connecting the lights up to a spur from the fuse box, I will have coming into the bathroom??

Obviously I'm more concerned about condensation etc.

cheer ears

wilse

Sponsored Links
you said " like those ones you can put on outside decks."

they can not be LIKE they must BE outside deck lights as these will be water resistant.

Only concern is transformer and how hot lamps get

the fcu should be outside the bathroom, and the lights operated by a pull cord or switch outside bathroom (or splashproof switch)

a thought, you could opt for fibre optic lights, they could even go in the bath (the end is fibre optic, not electric) you can also have colour changing fibre optic lights. but they are not cheap

breezer said:
a thought, you could opt for fibre optic lights, they could even go in the bath (the end is fibre optic, not electric) you can also have colour changing fibre optic lights. but they are not cheap
And if you believe this malarkey, coloured lights in your bath will cure you of various ailments.

http://www.pegasushydromassage.co.uk/chromo_faq.htm[size=4]*[/size]

*Other charlatans are available.

i never posted it as "marlarky" i didn't know about "chromatherapy" i just mentioned coloured fibre optic lights because they look nice and i have seen them (i want some, but have no where to put them, and as mentioned they are not cheap)

Sponsored Links
Ahh - no no no, sorry - it wasn't your message I meant as malarkey.

Coloured lights may well look pretty, but when I saw your post, I remembered coming across the "chromotherapy malarkey" when I was looking at a bath manufacturers website. (Yes, it's new bathroom time in the bas household... :( )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back