Upstairs radiator cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just found this site and its fantastic...i have looked up my problem and see it is addressed however im not quite sure what to do. Upstairs radiator is cold at the top ( its a trendy vertical one ) ..I have bled it numerous times...the answer according to form is the feed-and-expansion cistern , and it says put more water in. I have a combi boiler and there dosent appear to be a floating ball as post mentions...

do I simply attach the short flexible hose to the mains and put in more water inot the system, how will i know when its enough. There is a dial on the front of the system that shows a bar pressure, its currently at 0...should i put more water in??? what should bar pressure be at?

Thanks in advance for your help

Sponsored Links
basically yes, connect the flexible hose and increase bressure until the gauge reads about 1.2 bar. This should be done with the system switched off and cold.

Check and vent all rads and check pressure again. If it requires topping up then do so. When finished remove flexi and restart system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back