Upvc Conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm looking to buy a decent Upvc conservatory, but I don't want it looking cheap, is there any thing i should be looking for ie a better grade of upvc or are they all the same? I would like wood but the maintenance I think would be an issue. Also is the Plikington active blue glass any good and worth the extra money? Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Sponsored Links
Most makes of UPVC are pretty much the same but a few of the "better known" makes are REHAU, VEKA and PROFILE 22.

The difference between a good installation and a bad installation is the way they it is fitted. Check the credentials of the people who you are using to build it. It doesn't matter how good the materials are if you've got some muppet doing the fitting.

Personally, I don't think much of Pilkington Activ (Self cleaning glass) for low level glazing. Whats the point in spending that extra money when you can clean the thing from ground level in just a few minutes? Activ is really intended for high level and hard to reach glazed areas where access might be difficult.

Think about it. You have to wash the UPVC frames anyway with soapy water every now and then so you might as well wash the glass manually as well. Apart from anything else Pilkington Activ isn't quite as good as they make out in their adverts. It still has to be cleaned - just not as often.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back