uPVC Door cannot be opened from outside

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having trouble with our external uPVC front door, I can unlock / lock it from outside but cant open it. You can open an (un)lock it from from inside and the handle on the inside is fully functional.

When unlocking from the outside, the two bars from the top and bottom of the door disengage, but the door doesnt open. I have checked the handle on the outside and it seems that the door latch is not being pulled free when the handle is pulled down. I have noticed that the handles on both sides of the door are at different heights....

How easy is it to take the lock out and check the mechnism? Or any thoughts will be appreciated....

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
yj6aa said:
How easy is it to take the lock out and check the mechnism?
Not easy, sounds like the side latch only need adjusting. If the door is under 10 yrs old then should be under warranty, if not then a job for the locksmith.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back