UPVC Door hinge adjustment?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Just fitted a UPVC half glazed door today and was looking for some advice if poss.
Got the door all fitted nice and plumb/square and at that point the door latched and locked nice and smoothly. I fitted bottom panel and top glass panel and heel and toed correctly, diagonal seams in the door line up with diagonal seams in frame.
However now when I shut the door it latches but when I move the handle up to lock I have to really force it to engage the rollers/lock...obviously there is some resistance now that wasn't there before I fitted the glass.
Any help on quick adjustment would be great cheers.

Could heel and toe-ing have effectively lifted up the latching side causing it to catch or am I missing something?
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Look at the rollers, they should have a hex headed screw, which is the adjustment for these, not the door as that sounds fine. These rollers and hex are offset and as they are turned they adjust how tight they are to the keeper and visa versa...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back