UPVC door hinge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a new conservatory built with a dwarf wall and opening French Doors and need the doors to open right back on themselves sort of flush, or as near as possible. On my existing conservatory the door catches on the window cill so will only got back about 120 degrees but the new one needs to open further due to space restrictions.

I've looked at Parliament Hinges but they're not suitable for UPVC. Anyone got a fix for this or any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
As far as i'm aware there is no solution to this, its a well known common issue within the DG circle, if it were not for the cill then the doors would probably foul the bricks on the dwarf wall anyway before they got anywhere near 180 degrees

You'r looking for retrofit, swing clear cranked hinges 180 deg. but fitting them could be tricky. Could you post pics of the current hinge and post stiles and legs to see what's possible, oh and how much of a throw is required? ...pinenot :)

Thanks crank and pinenot, but it's not built yet so no pics. I've tasked the supplier with providing theses 180 degree hinges but he says they don't exist but I can't believe that. Surely someone's had the same problem before and solved it? if not guess I'll have to invent the hinge

Sponsored Links
Only solution is to have side panels on the french doors

There is a new hinge being launched this September that allows this.
It's a direct replacement for the sfs 2d dynamic. I'll keep you posted

I'm having a new conservatory built with a dwarf wall and opening French Doors and need the doors to open right back on themselves sort of flush, or as near as possible. On my existing conservatory the door catches on the window cill so will only got back about 120 degrees but the new one needs to open further due to space restrictions.

I've looked at Parliament Hinges but they're not suitable for UPVC. Anyone got a fix for this or any ideas please?
Keep in touch and I'll forward details

Like this? See image

Attachments

• 20240113_143244.jpg
    20240113_143244.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 25
End of January website goes live.
Had a delivery delay but all sorted now.
I'll post website if allowed

So long as it's not promoting your own product or business then I think it's allowed, I've posted many links to products and suppliers but I'm not affiliated to any, just pointing people in the right direction

Think you can promote yourself in your profile but not in the post body itself

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back