UPVC Door Restrictors/Stays

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm looking for some good quality door restrictors/stays for our UPVC french doors.

Having looked at lots of versions on the internet, they all look very similar but I expect the quality is variable.

Can anyone recommend any particular make? I'd rather spend a few extra quid to get a good quality version from a recognised manufacturer/retailer rather than a cheap and flimsy copy on eBay.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
We fit ones like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/40098023...4888ad69afaaf64f66e8|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2334524 , they have a clip that they locate into , and make a very audible clunk when engaging and disengaging, you almost think something may have broken LOL. Just always bear in mind that NONE are designed to be left open on really windy days, as you run a real risk of them just being pulled clean out of the uPVC

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Hope you enjoy pulling your hair out lol, I've mastered these now but when I started in the trade 25 odd years ago these did my head in, it's akin to fitting a surface mounted hydraulic door closer WITHOUT a template, never get it in the right place first time

Thanks @ronniecabers, they look good.

I notice that they also do a 135 degree version. Do these work just as well, or would you recommend I stick to the 90 degree version?

Thanks again!

Sponsored Links
Depends on whether the door will open that far to be honest , a lot of times they catch on the reveal, or on Conservatories , the cill. so will in reality only open 90 deg. If they won't open to 135 then get the 90's or they won't ' catch ' properly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back