Upvc Door/window rubbers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
can anyone recommend somewhere to buy new Upvc Door/window rubbers?
or recommend what are best ones?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Cou
you need to lift up the end of a rubber and match the profile from an internet search, something like here.
https://gbdiystore.com/upvc-wedge-g...MI-qjM-7O71QIVxbftCh28FwXuEAQYCCABEgLIA_D_BwE
litl
https://gbdiystore.com/rubber-gasket-seals/

Could you possibly help me out with what type rubber it will be in the 2nd link that you posted.
I'm not sure if the are both the same but it looks it to me.
20170804_065418.jpg My Rubbers

dsfds.JPG What I think it is.

Unfortunately I cant see the physical size of your gasket so why not get them to send a buble gasket sample set which I think should have a B047 gasket in it, then you will be sure to get the right one.
litl

The dimensions are excatly the same in the picture above. 5mm x 5.5mm

Ebay you can buy by the meter.
Get a sample pack first 99p for the ones that look the closest match to yours

Hi
can anyone recommend somewhere to buy new Upvc Door/window rubbers?
or recommend what are best ones?

Check for the gasket, if it has shrunk on the inside , pull it out and check online for replacement. Buy a few meters, wedge them the same you pulled the old one out and a bit of washing up might make it more flexible.

I guess you can DIY it. In normal cases, a seal pushes into a groove in the plastic frame, so you may just have to pull it out. Remove and replace seal with squashed bit in a new position, which could simply cure your problem. Else try for a replacement length of seal. Hope you might have tried with ebay.

Bear in mind that you will find many shapes in ebay which would be confusing for you. Check for the matching gasket. There are different profiles for different types of frames. I have bookmarked a window service that may help you:

Replace windows and doors in edmonton

I cannot tell you if they supply this or if good/bad. Even a plastic window fitter or carpenter could help you. But remember that most gaskets are co-extruded. A gasket can be taken out from a sash easily if it’s over 15 years old and externally glazed or say a very cheap frame.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back