uPVC double doors fitted in wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Advise please!

I need a uPVC double door fitting on a utility room where there is currently a small window (W 1.8m x H 0.55m).

Am I best getting a 'door company' that can do both the brick work and fit the door, or asking a builder to knock into the wall then getting the doors fitted? Any experience on this as I need to keep this as cheap as possible.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
A window company can do it all but the question will be how good are they? (the same with any builder you get really).
Get a few quotes from local window company's to start with, Hopefully they may have done some similar jobs locally that you could take a look at.

The main questions you will want to be thinking about and asking are:
1. If you have finished brickwork outside will they tooth out the bricks to leave a neat edge.
2. How will they close the cavity
3. How will they make good the floor
4. How will they finish off the plaster and skirting boards.

Thanks Gazman - good points.

I've got a couple of people coming out to have a look at it this week so there's some great questions for me to ask.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back