UPVC Double Glazing Window Bead Identification

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
Can anyone please help me identify my UPVC double glazing window bead for replacement.

The frames are in good condtion, so I do not want to replace yet (and I honestly can't afford to at the moment), there is just a small section of cracked bead on one of the windows.
I believe the windows were installed in 2001. It's a Barratt Homes build.

Cheers

David

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 61
Sponsored Links
@crank39 probably will., he does a lot of warranty repair work but even if he can identify it it is very unlikely you'll get a new bit. Best bet is to go to local pvc companies and see if they have any old frames in the skip with that type if bead or even local rubbish tip

Unless there are any makers markings on the bead or frame identifying the extruder then it'll be hard work especially on a 20year old system and even if you identified it can you actually still get it, i've been looking since yesterday and found nothing so far but I'll keep looking through my old records. The thing with new build is the builder wants cheap, they find a window supplier that can supply cheap and as a consequence you get a cheap 60mm externally beaded system with cheap ironmongery, currently doing lots of new build repairs and am finding even now in 2023 that there is still manufacturers out there that reserve a system specifically for new build homes

Last edited:
@crank39 thanks very much, your help is really appreciated. If I can find a manufacturer that would be great. I can send you some pictures of the windows if that would help? They are actually quite good quality and in good condtion for their age. Another thought I had was to fill the hollow bead in the damged areas with epoxy and have the bead comestically repaired... it's only one lenght (~1m) that is damaged.. Cheers David

PS: The only marking I can find is MJ-UK.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I just wanted to post a follow-up with a successful result. I got in touch with Munster Joinery and they were very helpful and I managed to buy a few lengths of the bead. Thank you very much @crank39. Cheers David

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back