UPVC External Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a external UPVC door that has been fitted incorrectly as there is a gap at the top between the door and the frame. I cannot open the door wide enough to take the door off to see if I can re-fit it because the door catches on the inside wall. I cannot get the people that fit the door back as it was fitted before I moved in and the previous owner can't remember who did it! (although it isn't even two years old yet!). So I have been left to look through the Yellow Pages to try to find someone to come and sort it out but I am not sure who would come and do it. Any recommendations?

Sponsored Links
You may be able to do this yourself.

Does the lock have any manufacturer's name on it. If so i might be able to help you

Sponsored Links
Ok. First look at the keeps situated on the frame. They should have either a screw or allen key. This should adjust the keep to make the lock tighter or looser to the frame.
Second look at the lock. You may have a pin, in the centre is an allen key. The pin is coencentric, again turning this should tighten or loosen the door.
As a final check put a straight edge on the door. If it is bowed by more than 5mm, it is unlikely that adjusting the locks will help.
Sorry to be a bringer of doom, sil purse and all that.
Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back