UPVC French door jammed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My upvc French door is jammed shut and will not open. It's been like this for some time, and I didn't notice any gradual sticking it seemed to be fairly sudden.

It is the 'master' door of the pair, and the bottom deadbolt which is stuck in the locked position. Also the key will not turn. I am able to tilt the door handle upwards fully to engage/disengage the bolt at the top of the door, but the handle barely goes past horizontal on the way down. This results in me being able to lock the door but only the top part is free to open, the bottom remains locked shut.

Any advice would be really appreciated before I do anything drastic! Haven't tried lubrication or anything mechanical as yet. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I am guessing that it is a 3 part lock and the extended or corner drive has popped out of the ratchet mechanism. I take you do not have a handle on the slave door. Will need to locate the compression cam and force it up or down to open the door....I think

Thanks for the reply. The slave door does have a handle and keyhole too. That one is working fine though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back