uPVC front door half jammed locked

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

My front door appears to be jammed locked.

I suspect the door is 7 locks, and the lock manufacturer is Maco. The door locks and unlocks as normal, but the top half of the door doesn't unlock (or still stays stuck to the door frame).

The key turns around as normal; the door handle goes up and down as usual and the bottom half of the door is unlocked — and can be prised open down there.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can release the door and fix this problem? I'm hoping the worse case is I have to buy a new lock mechanism and install it myself.

Is it possible to take it off its hinges? They are flag hinges, and I've had a little look at unscrewing parts, but it doesn’t seem to budge.

Normally I would love to get a local locksmith on the case, but with tight finances this is really difficult at the moment.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
hi you need to unlock door asmuch as poss. then with very flexible long filling knife slide up or down locking mushroom if not deglaze door and you should be able to flex door up/down side toside to open you might be lucky and the top bar has disconnected from main body of lock need door open to lift off if flag hinges

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back