UPVC front door help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a uPVC front door which just won't close properly any longer, you have to slam it so hard it shakes the house to get it to close from the outside, yet when you close it from the inside it closes with no issues, handle down and gently push closed. But outside handle down and close and it just doesn't, stops dead and sort.of.bounxes back and this goes on a few times until enough force is used to close it. It's driving me as I can't work out why at all.

Sponsored Links
I haven't as I have no idea how, I went to above a look and they are butt hinges so as far as I can tell they can only be adjusted using an Allen key? But not sure how to tighten them?

Sponsored Links
The screws might need an allen key or they might be torx screws; whatever they are, get the right tool and tighten them.

The screws might need an allen key or they might be torx screws; whatever they are, get the right tool and tighten them.
Any idea how I access the screws? Is it the small bit on the side of each hinge?

Any idea how I access the screws? Is it the small bit on the side of each hinge?

Normally, and bear in mind there are many different hinges. 'Lateral' adjustment is via an allen key on the central part of the hinge, if this is inaccessible because of the door reveal, there is usually an 8mm nut adjustable by spanner and seen when the door is fully open. For up and down adjustment, you need to pop off the covers from the bottom of each hinge and screw clockwise with an allen key to raise the door, always start at the bottom. Normally there's another allen bolt that needs to be slacked off before any adjustments are made.

Here's an example:

Back