uPVC- keep timber frames?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mum currently has aging powder coated aluminium windows. They seem to be letting water run in the interior of the house. There are no exterior weep holes to let water that runs down the glass seals. They are currently set in the old timber frames.

She is open to the idea of replacing them with uPVC but is concerned about the bay windows. They are "clad" with timber on the interiors.

I think that she wants to minimise any interior disruption. The front elevation is red rubber bricks. The back of the property is rendered and currently has mahogany sill and surrounds.

Alternatively, are the existing windows salvageable? None of the units are blown.

If the above doesn't make sense, please ask me to provide more details. On reflection, I should have taken photos.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back