uPVC Window Spare Part

30 May 2016
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

Please have a look at the attached image,

This part has broken (plastic snapped) on two of my windows causing the window to jam shut and jam open.

What's this part called? Can I get a new one. Or what I can I do to repair

Many thanks in advance


  • 2016-05-30-12-04-13.png
    659.2 KB · Views: 156
Sponsored Links
Save your money, they serve no purpose apart from guiding the window in. Most installers remove as in time they only catch. If the vent has been packed correctly it won't be needed
Thanks for your responses.

How would I know if the vent has been packed correctly?
Sponsored Links
Does the window catch when you close it?
If so its hasn't been "toe n heeled" correctly
If the window works fine then leave it
The windows shuts fine. But on opening the window is catching the run-up block so I have to give it some force.

The run up block has snapped. I think it's from me slamming the window shut too brutally.
If there are any remaining pieces of the block left in the window simply pull them out, or use a screwdriver to bend them out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local