Urgent advice needed please re tiling onto render/plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have built a u shaped shower enclosure. The back wall and the right hand wall are moisture board onto wood. The right hand wall is the house wall and made from brick with a plaster. The problem is that the brick wall is not plumb, and over a height of 2m it impedes the floor space by 20mm. I was going to dot and dab some moisture board to the wall but I now realise I do not have space doe to the leaning wall. My only thought is I could re-render or plaster the brick wall to be plumb and this would give me the correct amount of space to tile.

My question is therefore is there a render or a plaster that will create a bond strong enough to be then tiled with tiles weighing 32kg per sq metre?

And if I do render the wall do I need to use a bonding agent? All advice greatfully received!!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back