Urgent dishwasher help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My inlet valve was cracked and leaking so I replaced the whole valve including solenoid.
Before the washer was working fine apart from the leak.
Now no water will enter the machine, the mains water supply is fine. it does the drain cycle then hums for a few seconds and stops, nothing else.

I am stuck now!!
Please help.

Sponsored Links
Shall we start with make and model number and serial no Etc.

This an an older machine. As long as the water supply is ok, the inlet hose is isn't kinked/twisted, & the inline filters are clear I would suggest making up a test flex with two spade connectors & hotwire the valve to see if it opens and lets in water. Alternatively, if you have a multimeter check supply voltage at the valve terminals during fill phase.

Sponsored Links
Ok well it's definitely making noise and the solenoid is getting hot but no water coming through.
I can't understand how the filling was working fine before it was jsuy the small lead I was trying to fix.

it was jsuy the small lead I was trying to fix.
Please clarify.

Have you checked the water supply - inlet hose - inline filters? Have you measured the supply voltage at the valve terminals or tried hotwiring it?

Water supply is fine, what I'm saying is dishwasher was working perfectly except for a leak in the inlet valve, I replaced the valve and have now even put the old one back in and it won't pull through water, I sprayed a hose through the washer inlet hose and water goes into washer unit fine.

All very commendable....
But I will ask yet again.....Did you check the supply voltage to the solenoid or try hotwiring it :?: :?: :?:

Ok...I don't have a crystal ball. So unless you have one in your toolbox then I suspect either the new valve you bought is duff....or your pcb is history. Most likely the latter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back