Urgent Newsflash from the DVLA

splinter said:
ban-all-sheds said:
splinter said:
ban-all-sheds said:
Slogger said:
could be some like to show there nationality and patirotism
And the nationality of St George was......???
not English or Lithuanian or even the nationality of the many countries that he is patron saint of.I suppose it all goes back to the days when a persons religious beleives meant more than nationality
Blimey!

I never realised that all of those people displaying the Cross of St George in the form of flags, banners and face-paints were proclaiming their religious beliefs...

You learn something new every day....

BAS,as you was making a point about St. Georges nationality,all Iwas just trying to say(not very clearly) is that St. George had more relavance to Catholic people in"days of old" when their religious believes were more relevant to them than their nationality
And the point I was trying to make was that those who display the cross of St George today are doing so to declare their nationality, not for religious reasons.

And I wonder how many of them would welcome a half-Palestinian, half-Turkish refugee if he turned up claiming to be fleeing the oppression of a brutal occupying colonial power in his homeland..

Sponsored Links
You guys have got some serious issues. No wonder no one else joins in. As far as I can see this post started off as a joke and the first few post were bloody funny. Now it’s back to normal, refugees…..bla bla bla

All of my children have got flags on their cars….why…..because every one else has and they want to see us do well in the world cup.

Taxi for Pensdown

He He! nice one BAS, dont mind if I use the original statement?
Just an aside; the town council here in Cheltenham the council has banned taxi drivers flying these flags on licenced taxis, they say it confuses the public about whether or not the vehicle is a licenced taxi or not! hah! does this mean all taxi drivers are thick as a plank?
http://www.gloucestershireecho.co.u...Node=139586&contentPK=14509555&folderPk=80785

Dellsmp said:
He He! nice one BAS, dont mind if I use the original statement?
Just an aside; the town council here in Cheltenham the council has banned taxi drivers flying these flags on licenced taxis, they say it confuses the public about whether or not the vehicle is a licenced taxi or not! hah! does this mean all taxi drivers are thick as a plank?
http://www.gloucestershireecho.co.u...586&contentPK=14509555&folderPk=80785[/QUOTE]

Try Bristol -- I bet most of the 'taxis' aren't ... ;)

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds said:
splinter said:
ban-all-sheds said:
splinter said:
ban-all-sheds said:
Slogger said:
could be some like to show there nationality and patirotism
And the nationality of St George was......???
not English or Lithuanian or even the nationality of the many countries that he is patron saint of.I suppose it all goes back to the days when a persons religious beleives meant more than nationality
Blimey!

I never realised that all of those people displaying the Cross of St George in the form of flags, banners and face-paints were proclaiming their religious beliefs...

You learn something new every day....[/quot

BAS,as you was making a point about St. Georges nationality,all Iwas just trying to say(not very clearly) is that St. George had more relavance to Catholic people in"days of old" when their religious believes were more relevant to them than their nationality
And the point I was trying to make was that those who display the cross of St George today are doing so to declare their nationality, not for religious reasons.

And I wonder how many of them would welcome a half-Palestinian, half-Turkish refugee if he turned up claiming to be fleeing the oppression of a brutal occupying colonial power in his homeland..

BAS, I suspect you knew what some of the replies would be to you're post.Ibet you was waiting in antisipation just to point out St georges nationality(which no one knows).
A post written as a joke ? A post with other motives on your'e part ,I think

Back