US Navy v Ireland

Sponsored Links
True Story:
I think I've told you guys this before but... My pal is Irish and was a Submariner. He was docked (in this country), at the same time as an American War Ship was docked. As lads do, they went for a few jars down in the local town. They met up with some American Service lads and got on well with them. As the Americans hadn't been to the town before the British lads showed them round some of the 'better boozers', (ie places they wouldn't be a target for 'Meat Heads'). Later in the evening one of the American Service lads took out a card from his pocket and showed it to my pal. The card read:

By Order of the Captain. Whilst on shore leave DO NOT enter into drinking competitions with the locals or British Service Personnel... you WILL lose!

My mate started laughing and asked him 'is this a joke?' to which the American lad shouted to his pals, 'Guys! show this guy your cards'. ALL of the American Service men produced the same card! You can imagine their embarrassment whilst the British lads were rolling about laughing! :D

I can well believe that, as American beer is like gnat's pee, compared to our better brews, their whisky is carp too!

Wotan

Sponsored Links
The reason is that the US Navy ships are 'dry'. No alcohol at all is allowed onboard.
Been invited aboard several times and it is always Coke (not the sniffing type) or coffee, but no booze.

The reason is that the US Navy ships are 'dry'. No alcohol at all is allowed onboard.
Been invited aboard several times and it is always Coke (not the sniffing type) or coffee, but no booze.
American navy dry ships or not, it does not stop them being trigger happy and shooting down innocent civilian aircraft that pose no theat.

Wotan

Back