USA President - Power to Pardon or Grant Clemency

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Surely, even for America, this is a questionable part of the Constitution in the modern era? Especially when you see how Trump is now using (abusing?) it.

The plenary power to grant a pardon or a reprieve is granted to the president by Article II, Section 2, Clause 1 of the Constitution; the only limits mentioned in the Constitution are that pardons are limited to federal offenses, and that they cannot affect an impeachment process: "The president shall ... have power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment".

Sponsored Links
What he should do is resign

The vice president would take over and pRdon him and all. His family members of any potential prosecution for what ever

Ford pardoned nixon over that water gate caper

Tbh I don't care who he pardons or how many

Help yer mates out imo

What he should do is resign

The vice president would take over and pRdon him and all. His family members of any potential prosecution for what ever

Ford pardoned nixon over that water gate caper

Tbh I don't care who he pardons or how many

Help yer mates out imo

So at least you don't care about law and order. Finally that's settled.

You only need a pardon if you commit a federal crime.

Sponsored Links
So at least you don't care about law and order. Finally that's settled.

You only need a pardon if you commit a federal crime.

Well I dare say some thing could be worked out to absolve some one of any future prosecution

Some sort of deal :idea:

pardons are only offered to people who are guilty of crimes

acceptance of a pardon is an admission of guilt.

YacF_oFIyJNtWScpDLCuU1pLXvxb4_gueFNU8GpXXEw.jpg

I think its only a matter of time the Russians take over... we will just fold as we are a lilly white nation now... Not sure I'd want to defend it now.

Sponsored Links
Back