Using a mouse with long wire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a hikvision CCTV recorder in my loft, I want to be able to use a mouse in the living room to sort the menu so want to chase out a wall and take a wire from that recorder to a face plate in the living room, I want to k ow what wire to use and what connections I need to make to the face plate ?

Sponsored Links
According to Google the maximum length for USB is about 5 meters, what length are you looking at using?
Have you tried a wireless mouse?

10m will be fine over USB. You can get USB face plates. Just use decent quality USB cables not pound shop specials. The face plates are usually just short extension leads so it'll all plug together.

Sponsored Links
I have a hikvision CCTV recorder in my loft, I want to be able to use a mouse in the living room to sort the menu so want to chase out a wall and take a wire from that recorder to a face plate in the living room, I want to k ow what wire to use and what connections I need to make to the face plate ?

Hmm why aren't you using either a) Remote Web interface b) Ivms-4500 remote software windows/android? Both enable you to access configure and live view etc. Use both on mine and never really need to go up to DVR unless i need to offload recordings to USB

I have used a cat 5 cable with converter to go way further, but what about a wireless mouse?

Back