Long HDMI cable help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to bring a 15M hdmi cable from a cctv recorder in my loft to a faceplate behind my tv in the lounge, I will be chasing out the walls to make a good job of it but unsure what to purchase in terms of faceplate on the wall, any help welcome please

ThAnk you

Sponsored Links
Have you tried googling hdmi faceplate?
Brings up loads of suggestions.
i.e. https://www.nexxia.co.uk/product/screwless-black-wall-plate-with-hdmi/NX-WPSL-240

There is a LAP one at screwfix, however it has a 90 degree connector on the back, this means that the backbox needs alarge cutout in it to facilitate the cable.
I'd recommend one like the above that has a flying lead with a mating connector on for you to plug your extension into, that will be easier to push though holes in the back box etc.

Re the cable, make sure its not a cheap crappy one at 15m and fully test it works before you stick it in the wall.

If at all possible, I would recommend running conduit. Yes, you will need to chase out more but if you then decide that you want to run a CAT cable/whatever you won't have to go through the same process again

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back