Using fobs with Galaxy 18 alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Galaxy 18 alarm and after getting bad service from ADT I decided to manage the alarm myself. I had to do a factory reset.

I've run in to a couple of problems and reading the engineer manual has not helped. The most important one is that I want to set the key fobs to work again.

I can add users, change levels, set PINs, etc. But I can't work out how to set users up with their fobs again. We have one main key panel at the front door and in-built is a fob reader. The manual suggests setting MAX number and such like. I have MAX enabled and I have tried setting a couple of different users with different levels (2 and 3) with a fob using the number written on the fob. I have set the MAX function to Timed Set. But when I hold the fob to the keypad it makes one short beep to say it's seen the fob but does nothing.

What I would expect is to be able to go to user codes and program in a fob by putting it in learn mode and holding the fob. But I've not used Galaxy before.

Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
Go in with the manager code to Modify Users. Scroll to the user number you want to add the tag to. Scroll to Max Number. Press and hold 1 and then press A. The arrow on the screen should flash. Present the tag you want and the panel will fill the blank display with a number. Press enter. Set the Max Function to Timed Set and press enter. That should do the trick.

Thanks that worked. What I had to do in addition was delete the existing max number and hold 1 for less than a second or it would enter 111111etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back