Using UK tester abroad- Italy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a megger (1552) and will be using it in Italy during a rewire. Is there an EU mains test lead that would plug into a european Type L and/or schuko socket. Obviously I could just take off sockets but for ease/speed/safety plugging in would be better. Or could I just use the uk mains lead I have via a travel adaptor?

Sponsored Links
Make a short extension lead with a UK socket and a schuko plug on.

That way you know the resistance of the lead for any calcs and it's better than a travel adapter (they are generally poop)

Sponsored Links
Thank you both, really helpful!
I think I'll make up two extensions, one with Schuko and one with Italian Type L. Will make testing at sockets a lot quicker.
Thanks again

Oops - around £50 plus p+p on ebay.
Well it is made by Fluke...

Low-cost adapters are widely available

matches.jpg

This shows them being used with a UK socket, but the method is the same for any type, easier in fact for unshuttered ones

socket.jpg

Do I have to say that the above is a joke, not a serious suggestion?

Just keep in mind that you can safely ignore any warnings about reverse L - N polarity (or flip the plug to deal with them).

A 10 A type L plug fits almost every Italian socket, only in the north you‘re somewhat likely to encounter plain Schuko sockets. Most Italian Schuko sockets have the centre hole for the earth pin of a 10A type L. 16 A type L are too wide to fit a Schuko socket and the pin spacing is wider.

Sponsored Links
Back