Using voltage converters UK -> Canada

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is anyone able to tell me in very simple terms whether voltage transformers will enable pretty much any UK electrical item to be used in Canada (110v, 60 Hz)? And will they change the duply from 60Hz to 50 Hz? we are emigrating pretty soon (next month, I hope) and I was wondering about our computer printer, speaker system for computer, guitar amp and a couple of small things like battery rechargers, hairdryer, mobile phone chargers and so on. They're all designed for 240v, 50Hz. This is something that I am finding difficult to get definitive answers to.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
put them on ebay

most computer bits have "universal power supplies which will work from 110 -240v, i doubt your speakers will have said supply, i really would sell it all, and buy new when you get there, it will be cheaper, brand new and have g 'tee

most eupoment doesn't care too much about the frequency and converting freuqency is prohibitively complex

another possibilty to using a transformer is that your house may have 240V outlets either 3 pin (two hots and earth) or 4 pin (two hots neutral and earth)

Sponsored Links
Back