Vailant TURBOmax 242E / 282E water pressure greater than 1.5

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope someone can help me?
I have a Vailant TURBOmax boiler which is overflowing water out of the "overflow" pipe from the boiler. I have noticed that the pressure is way too high, the instructions indicate that this should not be more than 1.5bar - but it is reading off the gauge - 4bar! If I run the cold water then the pressure drops - obvious? but soon creeps back up when turned off.
I can only think that the overflow is due to the pressure? Anyone help with this? We have no hot water - I have turned off the water to the unit as this is the only way to stop the leak! Please, can someone help? Thanks, Richard

Sponsored Links
Either the filling loop is wide open or the plate heat exchanger is perished internally and passing mains water through to the heating side

It allows you to fill the system up when its low / empty. The tap should be turned across the pipe.

Sponsored Links
It allows you to fill the system up when its low / empty. The tap should be turned across the pipe.

OK, Thanks, but just to confirm..... should this be closed? I have turned it to a position where the gauge is reading 1.5bar - but I am getting a drip every 30 seconds or so. Sorry, but new house and getting used it! I noticed the water pouring out this morning, but I have just got round to seeing to it!!!!
Many, many thanks for your help.

Yep should be closed.

That will be the cause of the dripping. The Pressure Relief Valve is passing. You can find it at the back under the boiler on the right hand side. Probably a greyish colour plastic cap. You can try snapping this closed a few times and see if it reseats. (might have to top up pressure a bit after this exercise)

Yep should be closed.

That will be the cause of the dripping. The Pressure Relief Valve is passing. You can find it at the back under the boiler on the right hand side. Probably a greyish colour plastic cap. You can try snapping this closed a few times and see if it reseats. (might have to top up pressure a bit after this exercise)

Many thanks - Best regards, Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back