Vaillant 624 Pressure Loss Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The subject boiler is losing pressure, no signs of leaks from the usual places rads, rad vales, pressure relief, exposed joints, etc so it could be under the floor but what about the expansion vessel?

Could that need re-pressurising? If this pressure was low would it give the same symptons as a leak?

Sponsored Links
yes, check schraeder valve, is water coming out when you check pressure, also pressure wants to be around 0.75 to 1.0 bar

on the expansion vessel there is a valve exactly the same as on your car, it will have a black plastic dust cap on like your car with a pin in the middle like your car, use a pencil tyre pressure gauge to check the pressure as you would with the car.

Sponsored Links
ah well there you go, i'm a plumbing and heating engineer not an english teacher :) i'll think about that whilst i take a dip in my swimming pool :)

no issues with expansion vessel, boiler now being topped up 1-3 times per day and still no evidence of a leak, this is geeting frustrating now lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back