Vaillant 937 Flow Sensor

I think its 0020138668 from a note I have handy, dont have manuals with me at moment so double check.

Sponsored Links
Got it fixed today and we now have hot water to all taps without any reduced flow! My wife says it's bath time tonight...woohoo!

I chickened out doing it in the end as did my regular engineer because we both suspected we would need to take the boiler off the wall to get to it and it would take some time to do. We also both had doubts about the diagnosis.
I went for the fixed price fixit from Vaillant. However, the clever man from Vaillant, Paul, diagnosed it in one, replaced the tube along with heat exchanger rubber hose/copper pipe upgrade and a new filling kit in around 1 hour! (He did have to order it overnight though)

What a star!

If you're ever on here, Thanks Paul. :D

Some piccy's to show the state of the old tube.

Sponsored Links
Not sure why Vaillant haven't upgraded to a metal pipe (SS) to stop this happening. The replacement appeared to be the same material!

I hope my own doesn't develop this fault, it's nearly 6 years old and hasn't given any trouble :!:

Mine was installed late 2008 so only just over 5 years old. The plastic tube looks like it has rotted and is very crumbly and fragile at the upper end.

My wife did comment about small flakes of scale getting into the bath but I said no way as we're in a soft water area. It was obviously crumbs of the plastic tube!

Maybe the soft water is a factor as I know some waters affect some materials, a bit like dezincification of brass maybe?

Trying to refresh and old thread with the same problem

Does anyone know whether the plastic pipe is just friction push fit, or is there a fitting of some description on the storage tank end?

Once the bottom brass fittings have been removed is it just a pull out, can’t see any other way of getting to the storage tank end without the boiler off the wall...

Thanks for any help anyone has.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back