Vaillant Boiler - No water pressure/radiator issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Woke up this morning and went to have a shower and found that the hot water was dribbling out of the nossle, and found that the cold water wasnt THAT much better either.
The tap water isnt running well either and I found the radiators are not as hot as they should be considering I put the temp up to 25.

I think this issue may have been coming though, as noticed that the house was not warming up quickly enough recently although the heating had been on for hours, and we have always had pretty poor water pressure.

Does anyone have any ideas on what this could be or how I could maybe fix this myself?
Its just that I am leaving work early soon to get this sorted and could do without forking out a shed load of money right now!

Thanks in advance for any help guys!

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you've got a frozen pipe(s) somewhere! Is there any exposed pipework from the mains to the boiler and from the boiler to the heating system?

I dont think we have, but then the guy who lived there before who was supposedly a builder has done some crap work so wouldnt suprise me.
Ill take a look when I get in - and if thats the case id imagine that with the heating on for a few hours this morning, the pipes should have warmed up and broken the ice down??

Guys im so rubbish.
Its a Vaillant and around 7 or 8 years old I guess...does anyone know how you increase the pressure on these???

Sponsored Links
Guys just in case this is the same case for anyone else today - it looks like a water mains at the end of my street has burst and that looks like why my house is having this problem, as the neighbours have the same issue.

Id still like to know how to raise the pressure though ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back