Vaillant combi without HW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Vaillant 831 combi. Earlier today I installed some new taps in the downstairs loo, there were no isolating values so I had turn off the stopcock and drain both hot and cold feeds down. Taps fitted and everything's good.

However, we now have no hot water. The Vaillant is running CH fine (just as well in this weather!) but does not detect the demand for HW. No error message is displayed, nothing seems to indicate there is a problem.

I have discovered that I can get permanent luke warm water by enabling the Warmstart feature. Presumably the combi is failing to detect demand and just ticking over due to Warmstart.

I've tried resetting the boiler but no change.

Any advice as to what this could be please?

I'm unclear as to whether draining the system may have caused this problem, but I've flushed all air out of the system now.

Sponsored Links
if water is coming out of the hot tap but the boiler is not detecting it then you may have forced some grit from the water pipe into the impellor sensor in the boiler

Any way I can confirm/fix this myself? Would flushing clean water back through the boiler be likely to help?

Sponsored Links
not really Im afraid, but if you wait a bit there are usually Valliant lads that come on here most evenings and they might know a quick fix

No quick fix apart from removing and cleaning or replacing the sensor!

Tony

Thanks to those who replied

Blocked impeller was the correct answer :)

Now this thread has finished can I just ask a question? If a bathroom fitter had changed the taps and this had happened - whose fault would it be?

Now this thread has finished can I just ask a question? If a bathroom fitter had changed the taps and this had happened - whose fault would it be?

Bored with the Gen. Discussion forum these days are we?

:rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back