Vaillant Compactcombi 242 eh - No heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help - 14 yr old compactcombi Vaillant 242 eh
DHW - works fine
Heating - when switched on, fan runs, pump runs but no sparking hence no flame ignition
If I carry out a reboot i.e, with the Boiler on and the Heating/DHW switch on DHW only, I then switch off main power supply to boiler, then switch off the main switch on boiler
and then switch on main supply back on then switch on main switch on boiler then switch from DHW to DHW/Heating it then seems to runs as normal i.e fan runs/pump runs, Temp gauge goes up to approx 35/40c then flame ignition and flame modulation (this takes about 20 secs)
Has had flame supervision board, diverter valve, complete water section and servo control valve replaced in last 2 years
Any help appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Water pressure is............

Sounds as if the pump proving switch may not be workijng properly, dirt in pump or air in boiler? Have you drained the boiler or done anything else which is relevant without telling us?

Tony

Tony, thanks for your input

Pressure 1.0 bar constant

Had flame supervision board replaced 6 mths ago following identical prob
After thorough insp by combi engineer, he suggested possible PCB fault ashe could'nt put it down to any other cause, as Flame suppervision board seemed most likely candidate, it was replaced and boiler fired up on heating demand as normal

Started playing up again during v cold spell (xmas week) eventually fired up after several heating switch on/off attempts went back to normal for a few weeks and now needs total reboot each time to get instant heating function
Hot water supply is fine throughout all of this

Last drained down 10 mths ago while capping off old rad position

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back