VAILLANT DIAPHRAGM PUMP

Sponsored Links
cant think why anyone would go through all of that trouble and expense then try to save a few quid by re-using a diaphragm pump :eek:

maybe he just LOVES recycling lol

Going back to the original question ....
If you look at several threads about secondary DHW circulation, the question is sometimes asked about alternative pumps to the Grundfoss bronze bodied ones (because they look like a heating circulator, but are 4x the price). So when I see a cheap pump advertised that might - just MIGHT - do the same job, a few enquiries are justified. My query got answered in the second posting (by Gasguru), and the answer was NO.
I didn't expect a discussion about solar pre-heating of water. (There's a thread touching on elements of this, too.)
Thanks to those who contributed useful replies.

Sponsored Links
Going back to the original question ....
If you look at several threads about secondary DHW circulation, the question is sometimes asked about alternative pumps to the Grundfoss bronze bodied ones (because they look like a heating circulator, but are 4x the price). So when I see a cheap pump advertised that might - just MIGHT - do the same job, a few enquiries are justified. My query got answered in the second posting (by Gasguru), and the answer was NO.
I didn't expect a discussion about solar pre-heating of water. (There's a thread touching on elements of this, too.)
Thanks to those who contributed useful replies.

how about a diesel pump off an old banger, that "MIGHT" do the job? Or how about a water pump from a car engine? Or even an air source heat pump? Or a ground source heat pump?

They are pumps after all. . . . . :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back