Vaillant eco-tec plus 615 tap water too hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a Vaillant eco-tec plus 615 and a mains pressure cylinder fitted and i have noticed the hot water from the tap is too hot and i don't want the children to scald themselves.The fitter when he showed me how to use the system said to turn the knob down with the tap sign on the front of the boiler i have done that but the water still seems too hot 50 degrees on lcd. Do i turn the hot water temp down using the cylinder stat which was on 60 degrees i've put it at 50 tonight,is this the right thing to do ? if not what setting should they be set to ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Do I assume that you have a Vaillant unistor and VR65 control center fitted as well as the 615 :?:

Just read your post again. If you had a unistor then the hot water would be contolled via the top left knob on the boiler. If you don't then this can be left afully to the left as it will have no effect.

Set your hot water vis the cylinder stat. 60C is the norm if it has been fitted in the correct position. I would try it on 55C first and see how you get on.

What make of cylinder do you have?

As my last reply, ignore water temp stat on boiler. Fitter does not know what he is talking about :rolleyes:

If he did he would have installed the unistor and you would have had the most up to date efficient system that is available at present. The unistor 'talks' to the boiler and modulates it according to hot water needs ;)

Did he use a flue gas analyser to set boiler up and range rate the heating side for your property :?:

Sponsored Links
Thanks Dave
I will set cylinder stat to 55 degrees and go from there,We talked about a unistor but they said it was going to be more expensive and they usually fit the telford tempest so i went with there recommendations as i did not know the difference.If they had not been highly recomended i would have gone to another firm but its a lottery if people are not reccomended.

Did he use a flue gas analyser to set boiler up and range rate the heating side for your property

sorry i don't know as i had to go to work the day its was commissioned can i tell if its been fitted right from the screen?

Thanks

I don't know why everybody seems to reckon that the unistor is so expensive. Admittedly it is marketed against the megaflo and as such comes with a 2/25 year warranty, but I find them very competively priced, although I must admit i am privy to more discounts than most :rolleyes:

As for your boiler, when it is running press i & + together and this should display D0, then press i again and it will tell you what Kw output it is set to.

What size property do you live in?

Then chances are that you will need this set on max at 15Kw, so don't worry about the range rating. in fact I would wonder if it is powerful enough for your property and hot water needs. maybe just enough ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back