Eco Tec plus 615 question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I have a Eco Tec plus 615 fitted at home that runs 15 radiators inc 3 large column ones in the Kitchen/Dining room. I have been told it's underpowered for 15 rads as its only 15Kwh is that right and ion so what size do I need please.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
1. There's no easy answer. The size of boiler you need depends on how fast your home loses heat rather than on the number and size of radiators,
2. You need to do a heat loss calculation to determine the size of boiler needed. This calculation, if done properly, takes into account how well insulated your home is, which has a huge impact on heating requirements.
3. There are heat loss calculators available on-line. In my view they are a very broad brush approach and not particularly accurate.
4. An old fashioned "rule of thumb" is to allow 1.5 kW (5,120BTU) per radiator. On that basis you would need a 22.5 kW boiler.
5. Based on the above you could go for a 24kW or 25 kW boiler. which allows some heat for hot water production. It would provide little or no spare capacity should you extend your home and add further radiators.
6. If you do a heat loss calculation, preferably accurately by hand using something like the CIPHE process you can get much closer to the real size required. While it is OK to then add a couple of kW, vastly oversizing is a bit of a waste and can be counterproductive.

Hi All
I have a Eco Tec plus 615 fitted at home that runs 15 radiators inc 3 large column ones in the Kitchen/Dining room. I have been told it's underpowered for 15 rads as its only 15Kwh is that right and ion so what size do I need please.
Thanks
The proof of the pudding..........Does it keep the place adequately warm?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back