Vaillant Eco Tech Plus 930 - Pressure Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few days ago woke up and the boiler had failed to start due to a low pressure error. Having had these before i knew it was a leak and checked my UFH manifold, where a pin head valve had leaked shortly after the boiler was installed, no leak there but there was a damp area just below a T in the pipework where the UFH T's off the HW pipe to our Megaflow.

Re-pressurized the boiler and no further leaks / pressure problems for over a week.

On Friday I switched off each UFH manifold. DHW only required 05.30 to 08.00 and 16.00 to 21.00.

Friday afternoon low pressure 0.4 bar, Saturday morning boiler started correctly, Saturday afternoon low pressure 0.1 bar, Sunday morning boiler started correctly, Sunday afternoon low pressure 0.4 bar. I only just turn the filling loop the slightest fraction and the boiler starts. Within minutes the pressure reading is 1.6 - 1.8 bar and the boiler runs perfectly until the next low pressure shut down.

My plumber, who I have used for several years, has said the leak near the T is likely cause but it is possible to have come from a point above eg where there are nuts fixing the pipes, and the water has run down to this point. Unfortunately there has not been a leak since that first seen but surely I shouldn't need to have to re-pressurize the boiler every day. If the UFH is switched off the am I correct in assuming any leak must be on the DHW side and outside the UFH side? and if so it must then be somewhere between the boiler and the Megaflow. Just cant find it.

Sponsored Links
Search for expansion vessel repressuring an kick your plumber in the arse an get a heating engineer in who is familiar with these to service it?..oh an thers no such model as 930??? I assume 630

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back