vaillant ecomax 824 f20 fault

Sponsored Links
The boiler sucks air out of the case to mix with the injected gas and blow into the inner combustion chamber.

So the outer case is still a sealed compartment where the air to burn the gas is sucked in and mixed with the gas.

So its a safety aspect as the seals create the room sealed aspect.

Seems like the OP has bought yet another faulty boiler on Ebay all advertised as in full working order I suppose.

Tony

This boiler was removed from a property i built an extension on a couple of years ago. It had only been in use for just over six months and the owner had original receipt and service information etc
He had to uprate or something, i dont know why but it was working at the time it was removed.

Sponsored Links
Well i never got anyone to fix this, no-one seemed interested. I had a new pump and heat exchanger fitted by an 'engineer' at considerable cost but neither fixed it which i was not surprised with, so i got stuck in myself.
As i mentioned in an earlier post i suspected it to be electrical but obviously i know nothing compared to the only expert willing to have a look.
Changed the PCB and its been fine ever since. I suspect water was leaked on it when it was installed hence it running for a few seconds before it blew.
Thought i would let you know in case you come across a similar problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back