Vaillant Ecomax pro 28E: fault f5

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I drained my system [gravity fed] to get rid of rubbish in the water and re-dosed with protector chemicals. But ... when re-starting the boiler, I got an error F5 - which I now know means it overheated (because I didn't read the instructions in the manual properly ... yes, I know ...).

Pressing the red button on the temperature limiter made the system start up again, but it now switches off immediately when it's reached temperature, and the pump doesn't switch off. Is this because the temperature limiter has become stewed and needs to be replaced - or is more than that wrong?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the lightning fast reply! I can still hear a bit of air in the system - not much though.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, should have been clearer. I got the F5 overheat immediately after I re-filled the system, and now the error has cleared.
I'm now operating the boiler at low temperatures (40'C) until I'm certain it works correctly. The boiler now goes to temperature, and then switches off (with no fault code), while the pump runs indefinitely.
The air which is left in the system is little bubbles - I've got air out of the pump and top of coil in HW cylinder.

Running a boiler dry as we call it sometimes changes the characteristics of the temperature sensors permanently.

It would need a very careful measurement of resistance @ temperature to check.

Tony

Thanks to all - turned out to simply be the air in system ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back